Monday, May 08, 2006

Letting go

When the whole world comes to a stop,
I look around the frozen frame,
I take my hand and reach for an arm,
But it's frozen still in time and place,
I wonder around admiring places,
And see my face reflected on the stream,
I gaze up high at the sun that shines,
It's rays captured in still frame,
The still wind feels like cotton pushing against your body,
The grass feels stiff like icycles,
The birds above frozen in flight,
And cars caught in rainbow dashes of color,
Kids at the playground frozen in track,
Naughty faces and cute smiles,
Mothers gaze in stillness into innocent space.

The moment I snapped my fingers aloud,
The cars start honking, children start giggling and mothers continue chattering,
Such life, such wonder, such blessing is the world,
The world that we live in.
I let go of the memory of that moment in time,
Although it was quiet, peaceful and serene,
But such deafness is not the world,
And I would rather live in the present time and place.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Angelus said...

Hmm u beat me to writting it... i thought i wanna wait a while b4 posting my newest article hahahah.. but i saw ur article so i save it as a draft 1st

 

Post a Comment

<< Home